Monday, July 18, 2011

Mojo Day 3

Side Note: for those who do not know what a Sugar Glider is, it is a Marsupial which is not the same as a flying squirrel. The fall in to the same family as the koala bear or Kangaroo. Because they are not rodents they have a good chance at getting along with your dog or cat. One of the biggest issues for beginners and Sugar Gliders is that most people see them as so cute, that they do not realize that it takes a lot of work to get these sugar gliders to bond. Sometimes it can take months, and I have heard it can take up to a year for your sugar bear to bond with you. Which is why I am writing this blog, to have a record of my bonding with Mojo. With Precious it is an ongoing bonding and I will write about her as well though this blog is mostly about the bonding between my family and our new Sugar bear Mojo.

5:58 AM Mojo is out running around the cage, Precious is in hammock. I pulled Precious out so I can see her and handed her a piece of her pellet. She grabbed the pellet and ate it. I always like to see that she is eating. One good sign that she is eating right is the way her poop comes out, so I take them out and de-poop them, which just consist of holding them over a napkin. Each day Mojo has only had to poop a small amount, but since it has only been about 48 hours i'm not gonna worry to much.

I handed Mojo a piece of pellet and he ate one, but then he just began to seek out my fingers to bite them. He has lost his initial fear of my fingers. I picked him up and put him in the Mendenhall, and he really doesn't like me right, now but he is adorable so blah.

So today I went to HVCC and registered for the the Fall semester, and afterward I painted my sons room so there was no Suggie love today. I am too tired so they get to have their time together tonight.

Just Not Skinny

No comments:

Post a Comment