Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mojo Day 1

Today July 17, 2011,

We received an email from Adam at Pocket Pets ('PP') stating that they ('PP') were going to be in our area today until Monday. So we decided to go and bring our Precious to meet them and so they could meet our little girl. We learned a lot from them, specifically how we could hold her better to get better bonded with her. Then we decided to go to a local pet store to get a sand pad for Precious' wheel, and we ended up purchasing a baby boy sugar bear. PreciousMojo Now I have a loyalty to 'PP' because they have been really good to us, however we decided to purchase the sugar bear from the pet store because we wanted a male so that maybe one day we could have babies. 'PP' neuters there males. Also the only reason we purchased the sand pad is because 'PP' were on back order for their Wheels when we needed them and the one we have does not look like it will work with their pads. But I promise 'PP' I will be a better customer. If it makes you feel any better, the pet store does not approve of the way 'PP' raises their pets, but we are raising both our suggies the way 'PP' prescribes. Hopefully our new one (Mojo) will be okay eating the pellets.

So now we have a male Sugar Bear which we named Mojo and the first thing when we got home Luka Cleaned out the cage and freshened up the food, and even added a treat for each of the suggies and played with Precious while I had Mojo in his bonding pouch, and cooked dinner. I threw in an 1/8 of an apple in the pouch as recommended by 'PP', because the pet store did not do it when we purchased him. After dinner I pulled Mojo out of his pouch and began holding him in the bonding grip that 'PP' had taught us in the Mall today (See Rewind - Precious a Little History). He was actually tame(r) than Precious when we first got her. According to the pet store Mojo is 14 weeks out of pouch, and I know that 'PP' says that they should be between 8 and 12 weeks out of pouch for bonding but we decided to take a chance and see if we can bond with Mojo. When I held Mojo in the Mendenhall (Bonding Grip) he would just sit there and even seemed like he was going to sleep. But if I loosened at all he took whatever chance he had to get free even if it meant biting. And... He did bite, a few times, though he never broke the skin as Precious has before. I had to be especially careful with Mojo because he liked to try to jump out of my hand, and he is quick. Luckily though he never was able to escape the grasp of my menacing hands ha ha ha (in my most evil voice). Shortly after I held him for a little while I tried to give him some papaya treats to see if he was hungry, he was not. So we put Precious and Mojo in the freshly cleaned cage with fresh food, and we mixed the water with some orange Gatorade because we know Precious likes it and we thought maybe if he taste it we won't have to worry about him dehydrating.

In the cage Precious went up to her Hammock and he went to the bottom and just made noises at me hissing and growling and telling me he doesn't want me near but I went in anyway. I pulled Precious out and put her near him on the bottom of the cage, she was curious and went over to smell him but he did his big bear act and scared her away. So I let them be and she went and played for a little while and then went into her hammock to sleep. He started to explore and found his apple and shortly after her apple with Glid-a-mins (check spelling later) on them. He climbed on top of her and she didn't move. Then he found the glider chow and while smelling it and exploring it (He didn't eat any though) she came out to smell him but nothing transpired she went back to her Hammock. He continued to explore and eventually he went under a shirt on the bottom of the cage over a heat rock we had in there as prescribed by 'PP'. The heat rock was not on though because this place is like 88˚F in here.

Here I am at 3:05 typing this out so I can start Day 2 when I wake up and Precious came out and went to her wheel she sat in there for an hour. My lights went off as they usually do and Precious came out of her wheel and went down to smell where Mojo is lying. I turned the lights on so I could see and shortly after she went back in her wheel where she sits as if no one can get her. I turned the lights down again to see if she would go near Mojo again. I am a little worried they won't get along but I am hopeful.

Ok She did not go near Mojo and she is still sitting in her wheel, I am going to close this up and Go to bed.

Just Not Skinny

No comments:

Post a Comment